Tuesday, March 4, 2008

JJ and AH

Amanda Hanna, Palos Verdes coast


This extraordinary photo is taken from my house. It is almost impossible for me to really say what kind of area I live in considering that it is neither rural nor urban. It is in a quiet area surrounded by the ocean, it is so peaceful that a resort is being built down the street form my house. I believe Jane Jacobs touches on the topic of there being a monopolistic shopping center. I think this applies to my area perfectly considering that it is almost deserted and there is only one mall, a couple gas stations, and two major grocery stores within ten miles. Though it is beautiful, Palos Verdes is a place where one cannot really live as a teenager considering its solidarity from everything around it. I feel it is more appropriate for those who are retired or are looking for a vacation.

No comments: